Nursing Research Resources: Home
A guide for researching Nursing Information
What is Evidence Based Practice?
EBP Research Steps
According to the American Nurses Association, there are 7 steps in Evidence-Based Practice Research:
- Cultivate a Spirit of Inquiry.
- Ask a burning clinical question.
- Collect the most relevant and best evidence.
- Critically appraise the evidence.
- Integrate, or apply, the evidence with clinical expertise, patient preferences, and values in making a practice decision or change.
- Evaluate the practice decision or change.
- Disseminate EBP results.
Research as a Process