Print & Scan: Options for Spring 2023
- Free black & white printing, up to 20 pages per day, is available from the Library and Kāko'o Student Support Services (visit us on the 2nd/main floor of the library).
- UH students, faculty and staff are invited to use the library's KIC scanner for free.
- The KIC book scanning system is a self-service digitization/scanning station that easily scans books, periodicals, and loose paper.
The library houses The Maui News and The Honolulu Star-Advertiser on microfilm and provides equipment to view and digitize articles. The microfilm scanner is located on the third floor of the library and is available by reservation to all University of Hawaiʻi students, faculty, and staff, as well as to members of the community.
Reservations can be made online, in person, or by phone at (808) 984-3715. You will need to know the month(s) and year(s) of the articles that you are searching for as most years are not indexed. We are prepared to assist you with setting up the equipment and providing you with instructions to operate the equipment if needed.
Printing and internet access are not available to community members so if you are not affiliated with the University of Hawaiʻi you will need to provide your own USB storage device to save your scanned articles. If you do not have a USB storage device, they are available for purchase at the main help desk on the second floor of the library or at the Maui College Bookstore.
Campus Tech Resources
- COVID-19 Student Support Updates on all student support services, including access to study hall at the Student Lounge.
- IT & Media Help Desk Campus updates on Laulima, systems, wi-fi as well as computer hardware and software support.
- Campus Wi-Fi Access Map Check out where the campus Wi-Fi spots are strongest.
- Wireless Passthrough If you're on campus using the wifi on your devices, set passthroughs to automatically connect.