Nursing Research Resources: Books & eBooks
A guide for researching Nursing Information
Check the Ebook Central collection for over 70,000 eBooks in all subject areas.
- Evidence-Based Geriatric Medicine byCall Number: OnlineISBN: 9781444337181Publication Date: 2012-05-07Brings together evidence based practice and the field of geriatric practice.
- Putting Evidence into Practice: A Pocket Guide to Cancer Symptom Management byCall Number: OnlineISBN: 9781935864547Publication Date: 2014-09-01A book in a series dedicated to bringing evidence based practices to clinicians and meet the needs of caregiving for patients.
- Evidence-Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice byCall Number: OnlineISBN: 9780826171283Publication Date: 2011-12-01Presents assessments and interventions based on evidence based practice.
Typically, books offer a more in-depth study of a subject or topic. Make sure you check the date so you don't use information that is too old.
The Library's eReference collection is Credo Reference.
Search the collection by clicking on the link below.
There are many articles on the background of evidence based practice as well as a few on particular approaches and populations.
In addition, there are several print Reference materials you might find helpful. Most are found in the R section of the reference area. Some titles include:
- Nurse's pocket guide : diagnoses, prioritized interventions, and rationalesCall Number: RT48.6 .D64 2010ISBN: 0803622341
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - DSM-5 byCall Number: RC455.2.C4 D536 2013ISBN: 9780890425558Publication Date: 2013-05-22
- CPT 2014 Standard Edition byCall Number: RB115 .C17ISBN: 9781603598453Publication Date: 2013-11-05Current Procedural Terminology from the American Medical Association.
- Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases byCall Number: RC111 .P78 2005ISBN: 0443066434Publication Date: 2004-10-22
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association byCall Number: BF76.7 .P83 2010ISBN: 9781433832161Publication Date: 2019-10-01The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition is the official source for APA Style. With millions of copies sold worldwide in multiple languages, it is the style manual of choice for writers, researchers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences, natural sciences, nursing, communications, education, business, engineering, and other fields. Known for its authoritative, easy-to-use reference and citation system, the Publication Manual also offers guidance on choosing the headings, tables, figures, language, and tone that will result in powerful, concise, and elegant scholarly communication. It guides users through the scholarly writing process--from the ethics of authorship to reporting research through publication. The seventh edition is an indispensable resource for students and professionals to achieve excellence in writing and make an impact with their work. The seventh edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect best practices in scholarly writing and publishing. All formats are in full color, with a new tabbed spiral version Improved ease of navigation, with many additional numbered sections to help users quickly locate answers to their questions Resources for students on writing and formatting annotated bibliographies, response papers, and other paper types as well as guidelines on citing course materials Dedicated chapter for new users of APA Style covering paper elements and format, including sample papers for both professional authors and student writers New chapter on journal article reporting standards that includes updates to reporting standards for quantitative research and the first-ever qualitative and mixed methods reporting standards in APA Style New chapter on bias-free language guidelines for writing about people with respect and inclusivity in areas including age, disability, gender, participation in research, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality More than 100 new reference examples covering periodicals, books, audiovisual media, social media, webpages and websites, and legal resources More than 40 new sample tables and figures Expanded guidance on ethical writing and publishing practices, including how to ensure the appropriate level of citation, avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism, and navigate the publication process Guidelines that support accessibility for all users, including simplified reference, in-text citation, and heading formats as well as additional font options