HIST 151: Books, eBooks & Films
- ProQuest's Ebook Central is a collection of electronic books covering a wide range of subject areas. All books may be read online or downloaded in chapters or whole books. Consult with a librarian or visit the Ebook Central's help pages for troubleshooting or download help.
- Search and view the full text of over 80,000 eBooks. Read online or download using the free Adobe Digital Editions app.
eBook Collections on the Open Web
The websites below contain the full text for many classic and primary source texts.
- HathiTrustAn online collection of books and other items curated and collected by academic institutions around the world.
Streaming Film Collections
- FOD is a comprehensive collection of educational videos and films covering academic and career and technical educations subject areas. Available streaming, 24/7.
- Academic Video Online (AVON) is a comprehensive video subscription delivering almost 70,000 titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more.
Using Primo to Find Library Books and Films
The library's "catalog" (Primo) is a good place to start for finding books on any topic. Follow these steps for a Primo Quick Search for books:
1. To search the catalog go to the library homepage and type your keywords into the search box:
2. The default for Primo Quick Search is to search Everything. To make finding books easier, select UHMC Library from the drop down:
3. Click Search
4. On the search results page, you will see book and video titles listed (when available). The enter column displays your search results in relevancy-ranked order. To tweak your results to see just books or videos, select the Resource Type from the Tweak your Results column.
5. If you tweak your results for books only, you will get search results for books in print and ebooks. To find book in print, select Held by library from the Tweak my results column.