Dental Health Resources: Introduction
A guide for Dental Health students emphasizing their research and EBDM.
Library Quick Links
What is Evidence Based Dental Medicine?
Evidence Based Dentistry - a 5 Step process
Evidence Based Dentistry takes a structured approach to finding and using evidence. This 5 step process is listed below. Note that the first three steps take place in the office/classroom while the final two occur in the clinical practice.
- Formulate a question - Turn your clinical problem into a question.
- Find information - Look for the latest and most up-to-date information on your question.
- Appraise the evidence -- critically examine the evidence you have gathered.
- Act / Apply - Use what you have gained in the first three steps in the clinical setting to change or alter your approach
- Evaluate -- Did the changes or alterations you made change the outcomes?