HIST 152: Overview
A guide to help students in History 152.
Library Quick Links
- Ask a LibrarianYou can chat with a librarian during regular business hours, set up an appointment with a librarian or email a question.
- Bookings InstructionsAn overview of the services available at the library as well as the instructions and protocols for reserving them.
- Book Now!A direct link to the Library's services and spaces schedule
- HoursGet the latest information on the library's hours.
Final Project Assistance
- Citation GeneratorCitation Machine can help you prepare your bibliography in Chicago format.
- Assignment CalculatorFrom the University of Connecticut - this tool can help you develop a timeline for your project.
Research is a process. It can take more time and effort than simply plugging a few keywords into Google and taking the top three hits.
Writing Advice and Hints
- How Do I Write a History Paper?Advice for putting getting started on a History paper covering selecting a topic and conducting preliminary research.
- What is an Annotated Bibliography?From Cornell University, this quick guide offers defining characteristics of an annotated bib. as well as its difference with an abstract.
- Writing an Annotated Bibliography (Skidmore College)Includes sections on elements, structure and examples of writing an annotated bibliographies.
- Annotated Bibliography Information from the Purdue OWLIncludes general information as well as samples of an Annotated Bibliography in MLA, APA, and Chicago Formats.