Copyright & Fair Use for Education
A guide for faculty introducing copyright and fair use.
Using images in your class or presentation
Here are some simple tips for using images in your classes:
- You should follow fair use guidelines if items are still held in copyright.
- Always give credit to the original creator (if known) no matter the copyright status.
- Always use alternative text for images to make sure the images are accessible.
- There should be a notice in your syllabus noting that some of the images should not be downloaded or copied or printed beyond their permitted use.
- Always read the usage restrictions or permissions page of the website you are using.
Find Public Domain Images
We recommend that you utilize the "Advanced Search" option on each of these websites to find images that you have permissions to use...
Prints, Photographs, and Posters
- Last Updated: Oct 4, 2021 1:07 PM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/copyright
- Print Page
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080