Copyright & Fair Use for Education
If you decide that you will need to obtain permission in order to use the work, it is your responsibility to find and secure the rights for the materials
Giving Proper Attribution
Attribution is the process by which an author is given credit for their original work.
- If you obtained permission from the rights holder, they may have certain protocols for giving attribution
- Creative Commons outlines their steps for giving attribution here. (These are also pretty good for any attribution)
- If you know who created it, give them credit! As scholars, we understand the importance of giving people credit and modeling for our students.
- Last Updated: Jun 12, 2020 2:28 PM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/copyright
- Print Page
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080