ENG 100 (online)
What is a database?
Thanks to the Library at RMIT, a Public University in Australia.
Databases at UHMC
Databases A - Z is an alphabetical listing of all library subscribed databases including ALL OF THE EBSCO Databases. You can filter the collection by subject type or by type of database (articles, ebooks, reference shelf, images, etc.).
When to Use A-Z Databases
- when you want specialized information sources within a discipline or academic field (e.g. select psychology from the drop-down Subject menu).
- when you know the name of a library database you want to search (e.g. Psychology And Behavioral Science Collection)
- as a starting place to find more in-depth sources of information
Best Bet Database for
Opinion/Rogerian/Issue oriented Essays
The Atlantic, Wired, New Yorker, Weekly Standard, New Republic
Pro/Con Databases (paid)
The following databases offer in-depth, non-biased introductions to many of today's important issues. Additionally, these sources may assist you in discovering a topic:
If you are studying a local topic, be sure to consult the Researching Local Issues LibGuide.
- Last Updated: Apr 1, 2020 7:04 PM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/engonline
- Print Page
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080