ENG 100 (online)
What about Background Information
Background information can help you prepare for further research by explaining issues related to your topic, especially when you're investigating a field that's unfamiliar to you.
- Check for background information in: dictionaries, handbooks and encyclopedias.
- Start thinking in broad terms, then narrow down your topic.
- Collect keywords or important terms, concepts and author names to use when searching databases.
- Look at bibliographies to guide you to other sources of information (books, articles, etc.)
- Last Updated: Apr 1, 2020 7:04 PM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/engonline
- Print Page
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080