Are you Research Ready?
STEP 1: IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM
Look at the error on your screen and then try to match it to the commonly-occuring problems, listed below. If you don't see your error message on the list, or for any problems accessing library resources, please contact a librarian.
- Error Message that says "Secure Connection Failed" or "SSL Connection Error."
Try clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and browsing history. Instruction for this are here.
- Error Message that says something like, "This site can't provide a secure connection."
Try clearing your browser's cache, cookies, and browsing history. Instructions for this are here.
- Error message that says something like, "You are not a current student" or "barcode not found..." This indicates that there is an issue with your library and/or UHMC account, and you will need to contact a librarian for help. Once you get help from a librarian and you're in the library system correctly, you will need to wait an hour and clear your browser cache before trying to log in again. Instruction for this are here.
- Bookmarking the Database
Don't bookmark the database after you log in. That web address/connection was created just for that particular session. It won't work if you try to use the same URL again later.
- Another Campus is Your Home Campus
If you are on Maui but another campus is your official "home campus," you need to use the library website of your home campus to access research databases from off-campus .If you need to access a specialized database for your class that is not available from your home campus, please contact a librarian for help.
- Community Borrower Card Users
Holders of Community Borrower cards cannot access our restricted-access databases, due to the terms of our contracts with our database vendors.
- MyUH Portal
If you are using the MyUH portal to get to the library's website, some features and databases might not work. Use this link to open a direct connection to the library's website, or manually enter the address https://maui.hawaii.edu/library into your browser.
STEP 2: CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE, COOKIES & HISTORY
- Last Updated: Apr 17, 2020 4:39 PM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/researchready
- Print Page
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080