Are you Research Ready?
a. Understand the difference between direct and remote access.
More Common: Remote Access
If you are accessing library resources on campus using the campus wireless or you are off-campus, you will be required to log into library databases and electronic resources using your UH username and password. It's highly recommended that you test your "remote" login before you begin your research! There's a wide variety of issues that can prevent you from accesses the library's electronic resources remotely.
Less Common: Direct Access
If you are accessing the library's electronic resources from a computer in a campus computer lab, you will have direct access to these resources (you will be automatically connected because the systems recognize the campus computers' IP addresses).
b. Follow these steps to test your remote access.
1. You will need the following information in order to access online library content. If you do not have any of these, please consult a librarian, your counselor, or your instructor for more information:
- Are you registered (and paid) for the current semester?
- Do you know your UH Username?
- Do you know your UH Password?
- Is your browser configured to allow cookies? (these are necessary for our system to maintain a connection)
2. Test your remote access by logging into one of the library databases.
Try this link: MasterFile Complete. The login screen should look like this:
If your login is successful, you're in and ready to start your research!
The MasterFile Complete welcome and search screen looks like this:
If you are unable to log in to the test database, go to Step 3: Troubleshoot, if necessary.
- Last Updated: Apr 17, 2020 4:39 PM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/researchready
- Print Page
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080