Research Tip -- Books
- You do not need to read the whole book! Oftentimes, you will just need a section or chapter.
- Use the Index and Table of Contents to help you find useful sections for your project.
- Pay attention to the publication date. Information/statistics can quickly become outdated in books.
- Oftentimes, the introduction to the book will give you a summary of the chapters and argument of the book.
The library has a new search system that will search all the library holdings (books, films, and articles) at one time. Be aware that you will get a lot of results.
Here is a helpful video on using OneSearch:
- Last Updated: Jan 11, 2022 3:05 PM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/COM145
- Print Page
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080