ENG 210: Find Other Types of Information
Images & Videos
-- When was the information created?
-- Does your topic require updated information?
-- Does the information relate to your paper/project?
-- Is it written at an appropriate level? (not too advanced or elementary)
-- Is the author qualified to write on this subject?
-- Does the URL reveal anything about the author or source?
-- Where does the information come from?
-- Is the information supported by legitimate sources?
-- Why was the site created (advertising, share knowledge, entertainment)?
-- Do the authors make their intentions clear?
Films on Demand
- From most campus computers, students will be able to view embedded and linked videos without logging in (campus includes all outreach sites).
- Off campus students will have to make a Films on Demand account FIRST. Students need to click the link on the library home page as shown below.
- Shortcut links will not work, students must click the homepage link to login.
- Students login to the UH authentication service, using their UH username and password.
- Once at the Films on Demand website, students need to make a Films on Demand account by following the instructions on the Films on Demand main webpage.
- Students then login to Films on Demand.
- Then students may go back to the embedded video or click the video link to view the video.