About Primo OneSearch
Primo OneSearch Discovery Tool pulls results from the catalog and most of the library databases, retrieving both print and online resources. OneSearch is helpful if you don’t know where to start your research, but be aware it is a fast search rather than a precise search.
When to use OneSearch
- when you are looking for everything on a specific topic regardless of material type
- you are just starting your research
However, if you
- want specialized information sources within a discipline or academic field, see our A-Z Databases for a listing of our specialized databases.
- want a few articles on a topic for a research paper, you might use a general multi-disciplinary database such as EBSCO's MasterFILE Complete (mainly magazine articles) or Academic Search Complete (mainly scholarly journal articles).
Accessing Primo OneSearch
- Directly in the center of the library's homepage
- Using the dropdown menu under Search on the Header
Primo OneSearch Demo
This video is recorded by UHMC librarian Jeffrey Marzluft. It covers how to accees Primo OneSearch and some tips and tricks on how to make OneSearch work for you.
- Last Updated: Oct 4, 2017 10:57 AM
- URL: https://maui.hawaii.libguides.com/searchhelp
- Print Page
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (808) 984-3233 | Text: (808) 518-4080