Borrowing and Returning : Essentials
Borrowing Physical Items: Books & DVDs
- The library offers book and DVD paging services. Request the materials you want and when you want to pick them up, using the library's Grab & Go scheduler.
- Your items will be made available to you at the front door of the library at the day and time that you request. Be sure to check your email for specific pick-up instructions.
- All physical items will be sanitized before they are made available.
- Contact us with any questions or to request personalized help.
Due Dates & Returning
- Books and DVDs may be available for renewal. Check your library account for self-serve renewals or contact us.
- There is a book return drop on the outside of the library, next to the library main doors.
- Please do not return equipment (laptops, iPads, etc.) into the outside book drop. You must schedule an equipment drop-off. Use the library's Grab & Go form to schedule a drop-off.
- You will still be responsible for outstanding fines and fees.
- If your record is blocked due to a fine over $10, please call UH Manoa's Hamilton Library to pay by credit or debit card: (808) 956-7203.
- If you are unable to pay your fines by credit or debit card, please contact us.
Intra-system Loans (ISL)
- As of July 20, 2020, intra-system book loan services for all UH libraries is now available.
- Manoa library may be able to scan up to two copies or 20% of a book that you want digitized. Please ask a librarian for help with scanning services.