What is Films on Demand?
Films on Demand is a streaming video databases that provides instant access to videos on a variety of topics. Videos can be watched from any computer or internet device.
Films on Demand contains over 7,000 online videos (77,000 segments) from the following categories.
Art & Architecture
Business & Economics
Careers & Job Search
Computers & Technology
English & Language Arts
Family & Consumer Sciences
Guidance & Counseling
Health & Medicine
Philosophy & Religion
The UHMC Library pays an annual subscription fee to offer these collections to faculty and students.
How to access Films on Demand
- From most campus computers, students will be able to view embedded and linked videos without logging in (campus includes all outreach sites).
- Off campus students will have to make a Films on Demand account FIRST. Students need to click the link on the library home page as shown below.
- Shortcut links will not work, students must click the homepage link to login.
- Students login to the UH authentication service, using their UH username and password.
- Once at the Films on Demand website, students need to make a Films on Demand account by following the instructions on the Films on Demand main webpage.
- Students then login to Films on Demand.
- Then students may go back to the embedded video or click the video link to view the video.